March 27, 2018
Change is anything but predictable and it’s moving more rapidly than ever before. One of the most valuable job skills to excel at today is knowing how to change. Some changes we can control, others we can influence, and some situations we simply can’t. So we must get more agile in not only adapting to change, but also embracing it. By better understanding the change process and applying key strategies, you will be able to more effectively manage reactions, increase effectiveness individually and within your team, and become a more influential change agent in unstable times. Discover how to inspire your teams to take accountability for dealing with change initiatives and adopt new tools for managing the challenges related to communication, productivity and resistance throughout your organization.
Expect rich content with learning delivered through self-assessment, group activities and discussion, interactive polling, and skills practice—with targeted application to day-to-day work. Each of the four powerful pillars builds off the one before.
Instructor: Tracy Butz, CSP
TRACY BUTZ is the infusion of an engaging, powerful and poignant speaker with an interactive, results-focused professional, who masterfully influences positive behavior change. As a former Director of Learning & Development, she was accountable for talent management and employee development.
Tracy parlayed her career to become one of the most sought-after speakers on the topic of workplace culture. She knows how to design a culture that employees love and empower high performance. As Tracy captivates and inspires audiences, she brings more than 20 years of speaking experience, with her clients being a who’s who list of organizations both large and small.
Tracy also holds the designation of Certified Speaking Professional™ (CSP), which is the highest honor in the speaking profession, held by only 12% of speakers worldwide.
In addition to her brilliant speaking career, Tracy is a prolific and accomplished author, which is supported by four books, including her newest and bestselling title, HOLY COW! How to Create an Amazing Workplace that Steers Passion, Performance & Prosperity.
Tracy Butz is a speaker who understands client needs, delivers on her promises, and is your solution to develop your leadership talent.
Objectives and Timed Outline
Participants will leave this workshop with:
1. Understand how change can represent both a challenge and an opportunity for growth, while also assessing the change effectiveness level for you and your team.
2. Determine factors that impact you and your team’ response to change, how to better control reactions, and strategies to move from being stuck to maneuvering through the transition.
3. Discover how to inspire your teams to take accountability for dealing with change initiatives and how you can positively influence the changes throughout your organization.
4. Adopt new tools for managing the challenges of change related to communication, productivity and resistance.
1. 9:00 to 10:30
- Introductions, flow of day, learning objectives and expectations
- Metaphor A versus Metaphor B
- Be an influential change agent for our organization, our team, and ourselves
- ACTIVITY: Self-assessment INTERACTIVE POLL
- Examples of how the world is driving change
- Could you change when change really mattered?
- ACTIVITY: Think of one change you are facing today & consider what makes this change challenging?
- Change doesn’t do us in, usually the transition does
- INTERACTIVE POLLS
- Four reactions to change
- Description and VIDEO Example (for each) INTERACTIVE POLL
- Three phases/stages of change
- Description and example of each
- INTERACTIVE POLL
2. 10:45 to 12:15
- VIDEO: Change comes from feeling
- INDEPENDENT ACTIVITY
- Productivity issues during change transition
- Financial impact—formulation to apply to your team and/or change initiative
- ACTIVITY: Was it in your control?
- Not everyone will like the change we’re implementing
- Predictable dynamics of change
- Group Discussion
- What resistance is and what it is not
- Group Discussion
- INTERACTIVE POLL
- Example of resistance
- TABLE-TEAM ACTIVITY: Preventing and managing resistance
- Embrace change and positively impact your organization
- Strategy 1: Communicate clearly and candidly (five components)
3. 1:00 to 2:30
- Strategy 1—continued
- Strategy 2: Be open and aware
VIDEO: Notice things and people around you
DEMONSTRATION: View situations from another person’s perspective. Be open to other’s views.
- Strategy 3: Exercise patience
Different levels in the organization are at different points in the change process
“Rule of One Thing”
- Strategy 4: Collaborate to maintain productivity
- Maintain productivity
- Strategy 5: Foster vulnerability and courage
VIDEO: Have a culture of vulnerability and courage during times of change.
- INDEPENDENT ACTIVITY: Personal commitment
- Recap program objectives
Click on the red button below for more details and to register: