September 18, 2018
What is the common thread between the Bubonic plague, an 8.0 magnitude earthquake and teamwork? A potentially devastating impact on a large number of people in a very short period of time. Although teamwork may not be deadly, it does greatly affect employees at all levels of an organization. Awareness brings effectiveness and trust to the team. Knowing your team is critical. Learning how to adapt is the essential key to success as a team leader or manager.
A constant challenge for leaders is keeping team members engaged, focused and motivated. Failure to accomplish this typically results in negative behavior, bickering and, ultimately, an increase in employee turnover. Let’s face it, negative behavior is toxic. In this workshop, Gregg works with leaders to understand the power of creating and building vulnerability trust among the entire team. Vulnerability trust is the core foundation of any successful team.
A leader’s main task is to guide the team and keep everyone on the correct course allowing the organization to reach its destination. This is not just a journey of how to accomplish the results; it is also a strategic plan for leadership
This highly interactive program helps leaders to:
- Develop the crucial leadership assets to build vulnerability trust between members as well as the leadership team
- Utilize a centuries old navigational principle called TVMDC to chart an effective course for the team, and how to keep the team on the course
- Recognize their team’s chemistry
- How it affects the team and the organization as a whole
- How to adapt and a become more successful in delegating, motivating and developing employees
- Identify their natural behavioral style and how to adapt to team members’ styles, using Gregg’s unique process
- Take part in Gregg’s Leadership Assessment and ascertain their natural leadership style and approach
- Recognize how to adapt with individual team members for more effective communication, motivation and employee development
- Discover how to engage team members in strategic conversation, provide effective feedback, and simplify performance evaluations by using Gregg’s unique ’Wheel of Balance’ ™ technique
- Encourage conflict around ideas which in turn creates greater overall employee commitment
- Identify their natural conflict resolution style with Gregg’s Conflict Style Assessment and tips on corralling negative conflict and keeping the team focused
- Develop intrinsic motivators and create a ‘My Favorites Book’ ™ for their team
Instructor: Gregg Gregory, CSP
With more than 1,500 keynotes, breakout sessions, and training workshops under his belt, Gregg Gregory is the team building expert for leaders at every level of an organization. His expertise and articles have appeared in hundreds of business and trade publications including SellingPower.com, Boardroom Magazine, Support World, among others.
His client list of over 400 companies, non-profit associations, and government agencies includes New York Life Insurance, United States Patent & Trademark Office, National Multiple Sclerosis Society of the United States and Canada, United States Defense Logistics Agency, to name a few.
Gregg was recently recognized by HDI (the first membership association and certification body created for the technical support industry) as one of the Top 25 Thought Leaders in Tech support and Service Management
A diverse twenty year background in real estate, mortgage banking, event planning & production, and radio and TV broadcasting, created a perfect storm that elevated Gregg Gregory to where he is today. Gregg helps leaders to ensure that different behaviors work together successfully creating a strong winning culture that supports your organization’s mission, vision, and values. Gregg earned his Certified Speaking Professional designation in 2004 and currently serves as the immediate past president of the National Speakers Association, Washington DC Chapter.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Identify your differentiator and use it to prioritize innovation investments
2. Ask better questions as a means of finding better solutions
3. Develop breakthroughs faster with lower risk and lower cost
4. Reduce failure rates of innovation by improving your experiments
5. Increase innovation ROI a minimum of tenfold
1. 9:00 to 10:30
- Group exercise to illustrate how easily trust can be strengthened or eroded
- The concept of TVMDC, and how to identify what can stray the team off course
- The difference between predictive and vulnerability trust
- Defining what a team is as well as what it is not, and the differences in leading individuals and teams
2. 10:45 to 12:15
- Natural Leadership Style assessment and the 4 different types of leadership
- The science of team chemistry
- Why having the right people on the team is better than having the best people
- Effective people reading skills
- Strategies to adapt to delegate, motivate and develop each unique person on the team
3. 1:00 to 2:30
- Intrinsic versus extrinsic motivations and when to utilize each
- Building effective conflict around ideas
- Identify natural conflict resolution styles
- Learning and using the ‘Wheel of Balance’ ™
Competencies and Target Audience
Level of Leader
A = Leader of Others
B = Leader of Self
C = Leader of Leaders
Registration Options & Pricing
To register one or more attendees online with a credit card, click the desired link below. You’ll receive an email confirmation with a receipt. Each person registered will receive a ticket with detailed instructions.
To receive an invoice or pay with a check, please email our registrar Nadine@TheProductivityPro.com with attendee names, titles, and email addresses.
Live Instructor-Led Event in Denver REGISTER FOR DENVER
- $299 per member, $499 per guest (includes breakfast, lunch, all-day beverages, parking, wifi, and participant materials)
- $1999 for a table of 8 or $19,999 for an annual table (email Nadine@TheProductivityPro.com for these options)
Live Stream to Individual, Team, or Group REGISTER FOR LIVE STREAM
- $249 per member, $449 per guest
- $1,699 for a table of 8 or $16,999 for an annual table (email Nadine@
TheProductivityPro.com for these options)
Recorded Live Event BUY THE RECORDING
- $199 per member
- $1,999 unlimited license for all employees in all locations (email Nadine@TheProductivityPro.com for this option)
This activity has been approved for 4.5 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, PHRi, SPHRi, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of the seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
This program is valid for 4.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM
If you have membership or registration questions, please contact John@LeadershipUSAColorado.com or call 303-471-7401.