December 11, 2018
Can great leaders become even better? Do you know the 7 critical mistakes leaders often make that cause them to falter? Why do good people so often struggle in leadership roles?
Through analysis of over 100,000 employee surveys, Mary uncovers the 7 reasons many professionals are not as effective as they could be in leadership positions. Based on the book, Why Leaders Fail and the 7 Prescriptions for Success, Mary shares principles of executive leadership success.
Mary provides attendees with actionable insights they can apply immediately to be more successful in their leadership roles.
In this cutting-edge program, participants gain:
- Insight into behaviors that may be sabotaging the effectiveness of their direct reports
- Understanding why their top talent may not be performing up to their potential
- Awareness on how the surprisingly common mistakes many leaders unknowingly make derail their success
- Tools to align team goals with organizational mission
- Identification of how certain actions are perceived by their direct reports, peers, and supervisors
- Personalized leadership recommendations through a leadership assessment to help identify leadership strengths and challenges
Instructor: Mary Kelly, PhD, CSP, CDR, US Navy (ret)
Leadership Expert, Economist, Author
Mary Kelly provides economic information leaders can use to make the right decisions for their business. Cited in Money Magazine, Entrepreneur, Success, Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, and by over 500 TV and radio stations, Mary translates leadership theory into actions.
One of the first women to graduate from the Naval Academy, Mary served 21 years as a commissioned officer on active duty in the Navy. With a PhD in economics, she was a professor at both the Naval Academy and the Air Force Academy, and she teaches leadership for the Department of Defense.
Author of 11 business and leadership books including 15 Ways to Grow Your Business in Every Economy, Money Smart, Master Your World, 360 Degrees of Leadership, Stop the Barking, and her latest, Why Leaders Fail and the 7 Prescriptions for Success, Mary founded Productive Leaders in 2008.
These programs have been submitted to the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) for review for 4.5 recertification credits. The use of the seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that these programs have met the HRCI’s requirements to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
This program is valid for 4.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM