Thursday, December 5, 2019
Strategic Thinking is a skill executives demand of their direct reports, yet it’s not just a skill for executives and senior staff. Liz Weber will share how learning to think strategically is a critical skill for all employees – front-line to executive staff- when you’re working to create a strategic, flexible, and aligned workforce and organization
As a senior leader, you know the progression of skill development from strategic thinking, to strategic planning, to strategic leadership is imperative to your success. Leadership is an ever-changing process, but the key to knowing what skill to enhance or change and when to change requires thinking and planning – strategically. This program and Liz’s models on strategic planning and strategic leadership will show you how.
If you’ve ever wondered:
- How do we think strategically as leaders?
- What’s the difference between strategic thinking, development, management, and planning?
- If we think “outside the box,” how do we know what’s “in the box”?
- How do we create a vision and strategic plan for our companies, and do we need plans for all departments too?
- How do I get my team on-board with the plan to help with its execution?
Join us to learn what simple steps you can take to develop your own and others’ strategic thinking skills, learn to create clear, aligned strategic plans, and share the focus and responsibility with every team member!
Session Includes: Seminar, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking, and Supplementary learning resources.
Instructor: Liz Weber, MBA, CMC, CSP
As the President of Weber Business Services, LLC, a management consulting, training, and speaking firm headquartered near Harrisburg, PA, Liz provides strategic and succession planning, executive coaching, and comprehensive leadership development training and products to business owners, executive teams, boards of directors, and other leaders.
Liz is one of fewer than 100 people in the U.S. to hold both the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) and Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designations; the highest earned designations in two different professions. She also holds an MBA in International Business, is a sought-after board member. Liz currently serves as a Director on the National Speakers Association (NSA) Foundation Board and is the NSA Presidential Appointee to the Global Speakers Federation. Liz also served as a National Director for The National Speakers Association for six years and as the Association’s Strategic Planning Chair for four years. She earned the President’s award twice for her work chairing NSA Global Speakers Federation and Volunteer Reimbursements Task Forces.
Liz has supervised business activities in 129 countries and has consulted with organizations in over 20 countries. She has designed and facilitated conferences from Bangkok to Bonn and Tokyo to Tunis. Liz has taught for the Johns Hopkins University’s Graduate School of Continuing Studies, as well as the Georgetown University’s Senior Executive Leadership Program.
In addition to writing over 300 articles, Liz has written nine leadership books.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the difference and value of Strategic Thinking, Planning, and Leading
- Develop a process for developing individual and team strategic thinking skills
- Create concise, workable strategic plans with clear visions, mission, values and strategic goals
- Implement a process for developing leadership skills enterprise-wide to move Doers to Thinkers and Managers to Strategic Leaders
1. 9:00 to 10:30
- How does Strategic Thinking Lead to Strategic Planning and Strategic Leadership?
- Self-Assessment: Am I a Strategic Thinker?
- Develop Strategic Thinking Skills: It’s more than long-term versus short-time thinking
- Thinking In, Out, and Around the Box
- Exercise: Peeling the Onion to See What Others Don’t
2. 10:45 to 12:15
- Plan Strategically Without Getting a Migraine!
- Learn the Success Planning Pyramid™ Model
- Create Clear Visions, Mission, Values, & Strategies and Goals
- Develop Aligned Organizational and Departmental Plans
3. 1:00 to 2:30
- Lead Strategically: Develop Leaders Enterprise-wide and Make your Strategic Plan Come Alive!
- Learn The Five Stages of Focused Leadership Development™
- Learn to ‘Let Go’ and develop deeper skills in Doers
- Develop a deep pool of talent with more fluid, flexible, and effective leaders enterprise-wide
Competencies and Target Audience
Level of Leader
A = Leader of Leaders
B = Leader of Others
C = Leader of Self
Registration Options & Pricing
To register one or more attendees online with a credit card, click the desired link below. You’ll receive an email confirmation with a receipt. Each person registered will receive a ticket with detailed instructions.
To receive an invoice or pay with a check, please email our registrar Nadine@LeadershipUSA.biz with attendee names, titles, and email addresses.
Live Instructor-Led Event in Denver…..REGISTER FOR DENVER
- $299 per member, $499 per guest (includes breakfast, lunch, all-day beverages, parking, wifi, and participant materials)
- $1999 for a table of 8 or $19,999 for an annual table (email Nadine@LeadershipUSA.biz for these options)
Live Stream to Individual, Team, or Group….. REGISTER FOR LIVE STREAM
Recorded Live Event…..BUY THE RECORDING
- $199 per member
- $1,999 unlimited license for all employees in all locations
This activity has been approved for 4.5 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, PHRi, SPHRi, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. The use of the seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
This program is valid for 4.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM
If you have membership or registration questions, please contact John@LeadershipUSAColorado.com or call 303-471-7401.